Thursday, June 30, 2011

Watch what you eat


I had a horrible salad today. It was served in guilt.
I have never felt so sick, or was able to feel the negativity of emotions so quickly. It gave me some food for thought.

What am I serving myself? How do I ingest my day? What do I salt and pepper my experiences with? Gratitude or Despair?
When I see something I don't like, do I chew and chew and chew it, over and over and over and over to gestate it into my very cells, or do I say, "Oh, thanks I'm full," and bypass the indigestible meal. 

Do I stoke my personal fire of self confidence, so I may digest anything around me quickly, letting it dissipate and disappear into the flames? [In Ayurveda, this is Agni, the digestive fire. It is responsible for everything we ingest: emotional, spiritual and physical.] Am I eating from all the food groups that will nourish my being or am I snacking on treats that will leave me fatigued and flat? Am I cooking my own meals? Do I see that I am the chef and I have the right to choose my own ingredients? Do I trust my culinary skills?

The next time you walk up to someone else's buffet, consult your palate before consuming.

May this new moon awaken the inner flame of you.

No comments: