Saturday, April 17, 2010

RAGE

Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten. - Buddha

In the path of the seeker there are so many emotions that are looked upon, meditated through and discarded. In the embodiment of being human there are so many trapdoors;confused turns; sideways exits; perplexing predicaments.

And we wonder why there is so much anger.

There is a burning desire in humans to be at peace. So much so that we will harm others to feel justified in our state of despair: blame to reclaim peace. Let me state this more plainly: I have witnessed myself hurt others because I was unable to effectively communicate my needs. In my hurt, I hurt.

Yes, yes. The whole scenario is much more complicated than that, but aren't all the scenarios much more complicated? How often do you need to tell the back story so that the listener can feel the full impact of the punchline?  Why is that necessary? What is it about the mechanism of the past that is so prudently leveraged for the triumph of the future?  Why drag the story along kicking and screaming? 

Why do we need to be heard? Or seen? Or carve our name, or a desire, into another living being?

Is that what life is?

The more I read. The more I need to read.
The more I analyze my behavior. The more areas I notice for improvement.
The more I desire to awaken. The more perplexed I am to what that even means.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.  Mark Twain

There are many schools of thought that explain: whatever is outside of us is inside of us. That whatever you want to clear or claim in the outer world, must first be achieved in the inner. That whatever you judge in another, you judge in your Self. Whatever you admire in another, you admire in your Self. 

So I am grateful to watch this rage. This blame game and this facade rear its ugly (is it ugly?) head. For then it is seen. And with light, there is darkness. And with darkness, light. With anger, release. With history, the future. With failure, success. And as long as there is breath: the power to change it all.

"It is your show.
It is your universe.
There is no one else here, just you,
and nothing is being withheld from you.
You are completely on your own.
Everything is available for direct knowing.
No one else has anything you need.
No one else can lead you, pull you, push you or carry you."    Jed McKenna
 

No comments: